Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Day

Keeping busy these days for sure, but Hudson is always in our forethought. And, how could he not be when everyone around us is pregnant or has a newborn. Saturday was the first day Art's had off since the week we had Hudson and it began very emotionally and ended very emotionally. While I hate my sis and family moved 2 time zones away, I was very grateful they were 2 hours behind us Saturday night. While the rest of my world slept, I was able to ball to my mom and sis. Some days are just like that. Nothing provokes it, you just wake up crying. Amazing how God created our bodies so specifically, even our tears bring peace.

Caroline has been such a joy this week. She's growing so fast! We joined the YMCA and she loves it. We've been swimming 2 or 3 times a week in the indoor pool and unlike the church nursery, most of the time we get there and she just walks right into the playroom like "Hello, I'm here, pay me attention." The playroom workers today said, "Is this your drama-queen?" I started laughing because I have to look at Art several times a week in response to something she's doing and say, "Drama, drama, drama!"

Our newest adventure has been Caroline verbally embarrassing me in public. Yes, Mom, I know that this is just payback for all the times I embarrassed you. But, if she points at someone and tells them they're "BIG" one more time or has to discuss body parts in front of others again, my face might just stay permanently red! =) What do you do?

Art has been enjoying his new found "free time" though tend to keep filling it up, and Doodlebug and I are enjoying having him around more. She now only says, "I need my daddy!" once or twice a week as opposed to several times a day. And, I'm sure he's enjoying not receiving multiple calls a day from her saying, "Come home Daddy, I need you!" Somehow I think those were bittersweet messages during his busy season.

All in all, God has been good to us. I can't tell you how many ways He continues to speak to us and reveal Himself to us. He's an amazing God! I really don't know how anyone survives without knowing Him. I pray that we will always hold dear to the lessons He's so graciously taught us and pray that we will be able to use our trials for His glory. I've experienced hardship in my life, but never like the loss of our little man. It's given me a new understanding of the pain and suffering that is always around us and we don't even know.

Sometimes, when I'm treated rudely at a check-out counter I want to yell, "Hey, don't you know I just lost my son? Can't you spare just an ounce of courtesy?" And then I realize how many times in life I've been the rudy-pants. Pain is all around us; I just pray that our recent loss will allow us to be the glimmer of hope someone else needs in their day. Scripture tells us that we are to be the healing agent in this lost and dying world. May it be so, oh Lord!

No comments: