Monday, April 14, 2008

Growing

I've posted some new pictures for you to view at the end of this note. Hope you enjoy them.

Caroline is now a "big giwl" or so she thinks. To Mommy and Daddy she's still our little baby of course. Last week her cousins were here and she had a blast! She's becoming a little more daring in her play, jumping, bouncing, etc. from anything like couch to couch, off of steps, mercy! It scares me to death!

Last week she laid down in the floor and looked up to the ceiling and she said quietly, "I want my Hudson." Ugh! I thought my heart was going to fall out on the floor right there. Little does she know that is one of the cries from my heart several times a day. It's amazing to see how even this little 2 year old, though she was denied the opportunity to meet her brother in person, can truly love and miss him. I know it's spurred on by the many newborns who are overtaking our church nursery and Sunday School classes, but it's still an amazing thing to see such a love.

Art's busy season is about to wrap-up, hopefully within the next 24 hours, and Caroline has already declared that Daddy is going to take her golfing. Pappa and Grammy bought her some golf clubs (plastic preschool ones of course) and she's greatly anticipating the day Art takes her to the driving range by our house, "The Golf, Daddy's Golf" as she calls it.

As for me, I'm trying to learn to be content in whatever my circumstance. I still have tears and somedays I wonder how the Lord's gonna get me through this, but I know that He will. It's that knowledge and certainty that help me through it all. Now, if He'd only make these extra pounds disappear so that I would have one less thing to worry about that would be great! =)

2 comments:

Rita said...

Hi

My name is Rita...My niece is married to mark Mitchell....(Derek's brother).

I see you have a beautiful little girl and that you just lost a little one...My deepest sympathies to you..
I suppose Rhonda told me as we lost a little boy after 3 days...I know your heart is heavy and sad...give yourself time to mourn..it's ok to feel crappy...Who knows why?? I know God is in control and he uses his children for His goodness...so after 32 years i am still trying to figure some things out...and realize I may never on this earth..and that's ok for me now..
I do know little Bradley is still in our hearts and somedays there is nothing that anyone can say to comfort you and ease your pain...but I do know that by talking to your hubby and trying hard to just love one another in the days and months ahead and by praying that you will grow...It was very sad to hear others still go thru this...they are our babies ,,,and will always be our babies..Heaven must be a wonderful place to have babies!!!

My prayers and blessings to you
Rita

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your continued healing. This, in my opinion, is the hardest road one can travel.
All we can do is try to glorify God along the way. And by sharing your life and your heart, you are doing that beautifully.



The Haley Vincent Foundation